My life in Syria

My journey to a new land, a new people, and a new me.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Lazy Day

Well I am finally caught up on my blogs, and now it is time to catch up on emails.

I found it difficult to write to anyone when I immediately returned and now I feel I am adjusted enough to reach out and touch someone. I enjoyed my days away and am looking forward to returning soon. Last week Chris and I spent the weekend in Beirut and it was marvelous. Beirut is no different now other than all of the Syrian flags and pictures of the leaders are nowhere to be found. The people were great and we had a wonderful time. I really really like Beirut.

This weekend was the Prophet's birthday so Chris and I played FIFA 2005 Football on our computer all day long! Happy birthday Mohammad....GOALLLLLL! It's a living. Tonight we are going out and tomorrow we are doing pretty much the same. Teaching in a Muslim/Christian country gives you twice the hollidays. Today we were going to check out Lake Assad, and the Euphrates river, but we overslept. There is always next week.

Chris and I are enjoying coaching the football team. We have our first test match against our rival school, and the week after that we managed to get a match against the club for the best pro soccer team in Syria...how cool is that! In May we have a tournament. It keeps us occupied. I am getting better at my playing. Instead of always falling and never scoring, last week I scored three goals and this week I beamed one in with my left and another from mid-field that ricoched off of Chris' chest to go in. Football is fun!

I hope all of my friends are well and I intend on emailing most of you post haste!

chris

2 Comments:

  • At 4/23/2005 7:33 AM, Blogger Catherine said…

    Hey...
    I am a Syrian stranger who found your blog by chance..
    Sorry for intruding :)
    (Can't help beeing a Syrian ;)
    Syria is a way too closed up country, I hardly ever see foreginers here..So it's very interesting to learn about how foreginers see it.
    I am curious, what made you come to Syria?Are you working in some international school ( Oh...So we have some?! )
    Anyway..I know it's hard to be a stranger...Hang on there!

     
  • At 5/03/2005 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having been in Syria for a considerable time, you probably know that making fun of a very important religious occasion (Birthday of Mohammad, peace be upon him) offends any Muslim reading this blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home