My life in Syria

My journey to a new land, a new people, and a new me.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

The 'Chris' Crib is Cinched!

Yee Haw, we finally got a place to live. That was the most painful month of existence. It would take being thrown in jail to have a more miserable experience in Syria! Perseverence is the word of the day. Oh, and Location, Location, Location. I am so glad to be out of the soulless suburb we were living in. There is only two places to eat (both expensive), and one corner store that will truly be missed. On to bigger and better things.

The new "Lad Pad" as Chris so eloquently named it is located right in downtown Aleppo. We have a local Shawarma place, Espresso shop, found our shady coffee hangout, a Chess/Coffee club, and many millions of other shops just a walk away. We still need a Pharmacy, Grocer, Snack shop, Bakery, and other favorites to be determined. Maslow was right with the heirarchy of needs - now that I have a sense of security with the apartment I feel beter, and can elevate my life to the next level. Agh...security...AND FREEDOM!

School is inching along, and I MEAN inching. We are doing the best with what we have and that is about the only good thing I can say; I am trying to stay positive. When I get my paycheck in US dollars and my reimbursements, THEN I will BE positive. Slowly...slowly.

With school starting I will soon be able to find a computer to download my pictures to. I will shoot some of the new crib and post them with the rest.

On the next episode of Chris In Syria, Chris has his first day of school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home