My life in Syria

My journey to a new land, a new people, and a new me.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Now I've gone and done it!

After much consideration and many days of fretting I have decided to release the bear back into the wild. At first he was a novelty. I found him rooting around in a trash can on the edge of town. Cute little guy...must have lost his momma in the great trash fire of '04. Well he took kindle to me after after I hosed him off and fed him some cereal. It's what I would've done for any of you!!!

After a few weeks he'd gotten pretty big and instead of being a novelty he became a full blown attraction. That day the bear and I were caught in the crowd I thought someone was going to get hurt. On the flip side he is progressing in Arabic much faster than I am, and often he acts as a translator for me.

We fastly became great friends and I am depressed from letting him go (actually he told me to piss off and got a job down in Homs translating documents to Bearsletongue). Anyway, since I have been without my bear and depressed, I stopped shaving. That was a few weeks ago.

Now when I curl up in bed at night I can almost imagine my long lost furry friend as the hair from my beard gets caught in my mouth, tickles my ear, and appears randomly on my shirt. Damn I miss that bear...

Thanks for heads up on my bad typing Boo Boo. I'm off to find me some pick-a-nick baskets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home